[mythtv] Segfault on start of remote frontend.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jul 5 16:42:37 UTC 2009

On 07/05/2009 12:31 PM, Damian O'Sullivan wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Jul 2009, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>> Looks like a segfault in the nvidia OpenGL library. But it would be
>> helpful if you compiled Qt with debugging, then we could see what
>> MythTV was doing via Qt when this happens. If you are using Qt via
>> the distro packages there should be a dev package for Qt that
>> includes the debugging symbols. You might also want to check that
>> your nvidia opengl lib version matches the kernel module version,
>> when they don't you get segfaults like these..
> I am using ubuntu 9.04 so installed libqt4-dbg libqt4-dev-dbg. These
> did not help change the info in bt.
>
> Also my libs are :
>
> damian at myth-bedroom:/usr/lib$ sudo ldconfig -v | grep GL
>     libGLU.so.1 -> libGLU.so.1.3.070300
>     libQtOpenGL.so.4 -> libQtOpenGL.so.4.5.0
>     libGL.so.1 -> libGL.so.180.60
>     libGLEW.so.1.5 -> libGLEW.so.1.5.0
>     libGLcore.so.1 -> libGLcore.so.180.60
>
> And dmesg :
>
> NVRM: loading NVIDIA UNIX x86 Kernel Module  180.60
>
> Any ubuntu users know if they are the right debug packages?

Sorry, can't help (as I don't know *buntu), but once you figure it out,
it would be great if you could incorporate the mythtv-specific
instructions for getting package-based debug symbols for *buntu at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Debugging_with_Ubuntu_packages .
(If you document both the MythTV package information and the Qt package
information, that would be ideal.)

Thanks,
Mike