[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r19845 - in trunk/mythtv/libs by nigel

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Jan 28 23:49:47 UTC 2009

> Then run the main event loop, temporarily.

I looked at that once and abandoned it,
but I guess it would be cleaner.
Have un-committed, will try again.

> Is there any reason this code has to be using mythui in the first
> place?

I am assuming that all the blocking UI stuff
currently in libmyth will eventually go.

Which means these two bootstrapping thingies are either
re-done in QWidget::exec(), or ported to MythUI.

I tried to do the latter as cleanly as possible. Honest :-)

> I'm really not liking a lot of the stuff that's been added to
> mythdialog.h -
> the signals/slots are *completely* unnecessary

Stuart might like to comment here (or off list),
but I assume you are saying it would always be
better to do it with DCEs and a local event filter?

I like the simplicity of that (less MOC weirdness),
but binding a temporary dialog to local slots is
sometimes a lot easier to code.

> processEvents() should essentially be considered to not exist at all.
> Anything using it is badly broken, and needs fixed.

Sounds like a mission.

%  find mythplugins -name \*.cpp -exec egrep 'qApp->processEvents' {}
\; | wc -l
       33
%  find mythtv/libs -name \*.cpp -exec egrep 'qApp->processEvents' {}
\; | wc -l
       14
%  find mythtv/programs -name \*.cpp -exec egrep 'qApp-
 >processEvents' {} \; | wc -l
        5

although there are some interesting uses of it there.
e.g. myth_system(),
libmythdb/httpcomms.cpp,
libmythui/mythuihelper.cpp

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|     "They did the     |
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | white man power dance,|