[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r19845 - in trunk/mythtv/libs by nigel

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Jan 28 05:41:57 UTC 2009

> Instead of the WaitForPopups, just change the code to listen for
> the dialog
> completion event and then return an error.

I didn't find a way to do that.

1) The Qt main event loop isn't running yet,
so no UI is drawn except for the window,
and no DCE is sent.

2) If I work around that with a few processEvents,
OK, but what is the code doing until the DCE is sent?

We can't return from the schema upgrade until the
user decides upgrade/exit. It may not be safe to
use the existing schema with possibly newer code
in a plugin's Init(). Even a frontend sending a
protocol version check to a backend could be bad?

Unless I misunderstand your suggestion.

> UI code _cannot_ block.

Agreed, but here there isn't really a UI yet.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|The weak point of     |
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | the modern car is    |