[mythtv] playback video freezes on black screen.

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Jan 27 06:12:31 UTC 2009

1) You may find more help on the user list.

2) That gdb out looks like it was from a control-C
while the frontend was running - of limited use.

> I've been using MythTV/MythBuntu for a few months with good
> results.  Tonight when I tried to play back programs that were
> recorded today, the screen went "black" after selecting play.

"black screen" is a bit vague.
Did it eventually time out?
If so, what did the popup say?

How about -v playback output?

How about -v file output for the backend?

> I rebooted and tried older recordings and they were fine.  I did a
> repair to the database and tried again but got the same problem.

I have had this happen when one of the disks containing
recordings went bad. Old recordings were on an older
disk that was successfully mounted, but the newer ones
were on a different, bad, disk.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Reality is that which,  |
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | when you stop believing |