[mythtv] OSD missing

jam jam at tigger.ws
Wed Jan 7 03:02:21 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 21:00:02 mythtv-dev-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> > This-one-machine, both from svn .21-fixes and from packman rpm will
> > not
> > display the OSD until you set the OSB theme to another, then back
> > again
>
> Interesting.
>
> Can you recreate the fault?
> (e.g. by restarting mythfrontend, or X, or rebooting)
>
> Are you sure there was no verbose error
> in mythfrontend's output?

This is my play-work machine so I can trash it ad lib:
Clean install of SuSE 11.1 + packman rpm, or svn 18866 always produces the
error.
Changing OSD theme, [also: then back again] always fixes it, thereafter the
problem never occurs again.
All logs look OK, comparing it-works and it-does-not-work, also look for OSD
stuff.

Clean install of Ubuntu 8.10 and mythtv-frontend via apt-get and everything
works from installation on.

Something is happening, somewhere, what? that is the puzzle. (also this
behaviour on one single machine only)

James