[mythtv] scheduling, starttime accuracy

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Feb 13 08:38:26 UTC 2009

* On Fri Feb 13, 2009 at 03:24:41AM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> be trivial and take probably only a second or two.  This could even be
> done at playback time in the background if integrated correctly.  Given
> the flag list from the first minute of the first video, the player could
> scan the video for the flags itself and once it found the necessary
> alignment offset, it could offset the skip/cutlist frame counts
> accordingly in memory (and in the DB possibly).

Replying to my own post because I had another thought.
Not that I'm going to code this up or anything, but those who want to could.

The local code could query an online database of these flags and cutlist
combinations.  A program could have more than one set available.
The code would scan the first minute or more of the recording looking
for flags that matched up with any of the sets of flags that it
downloaded.  When one set was found that matched, the cutlist associated
with that set of flags would have the necessary frame offset applied and
then could be used.

--
Chris