[mythtv] scheduling, starttime accuracy

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Feb 12 20:30:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 06:20:46PM +0100, Janne Grunau wrote:
> On Thursday 12 February 2009 17:51:41 David Engel wrote:
> > That would be me several years ago.  I used (and still do) a 5 second
> > pre-roll and hated seeing all of my recordings displayed as starting
> > at xx:29 and xx:59 and having filenames with *2957 and *5957.  I
> > changed the scheduler to round the starttime to the nearest minute.
>
> What about using progstart/progend for display purposes? I'm using
> default "start early / end late" and the startime - 1minute annoys me
> for well known programmes. starttime could then changed back to the the
> exact time.

I very much like seeing the actual [rounded] starttime displayed in
PBB.  It's extremely useful when I or my hardware screw up and the
recording starts late or automatically gets restarted after some
failure.  FWIW, if I used greater than a 30-second pre-roll or
start-early, however, I'd probably be annoyed by the starttime -
1-minute too.

David
--
David Engel