[mythtv] Followup question on #6138 (HDHomeRun multirec)

Joel Means means.joel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 18:15:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Bill Cizek <cizek at rcn.com> wrote:

> Yeechang / Chris / Joel,
>
> What luck have you had with the HDHomerun multirec patch?
>
> *    "It works great"
> *    "The patch didn't work"
> *    "I didn't get around to it"
> *    "It made fire shoot out of my backend"
>
> Good / Bad / Whatever, I'm just curious to know if it actually works for
> someone besides me.
>
> Cheers,
> Bill

In minimal testing, it worked for me.  I have a single HDHR and was
able to make four simultaneous recordings which appeared to be fine.
I didn't really watch them through, as the channels I get with more
than one feed on the multiplex are PBS, with one HD channel and one SD
spanish channel and our local NBC, which has the regular HD feed and
an all weather all the time feed.  So, not really things I want to
watch.  The reason I want multirec is so that I can get overlap for
back-to-back shows, so the end of Lost won't keep getting cut off,
causing me to start watching my Life on Mars recording and missing a
couple of seconds of key dialog each week.
So, long story short, I give it a Good.
Joel