[mythtv] Category vs Genre

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 01:42:55 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/8 Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com>:
> It might explain the lack of answer if any feature requests had been made.
> Jean-Yves merely asked about the intended use of those fields.

Thanks for answering better than I would :)

As you stated, this is not an enhancement request as I thought this
would be a good way to contribute to this project without being
knocked back like I did with the VDPAU backport on 0.21

I have already worked on the existing python scripts to retrieve data
from IMDb and posted those results on trac
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6219

Now I want to go an extra step and make those scripts work outside
mythtv so they properly fill all the metadata field ; currently they
do not.
But before I do so, I need to understand what the proper behaviour
should be from the main mythtv developers.

No point to start working on something to realise later that it wasn't
the generally intended behaviour...

Jean-Yves