[mythtv] Mythtv Bug 4989

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Feb 6 11:49:28 UTC 2009

Steve Hodge wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net
> <mailto:lists at glidos.net>> wrote:
>
>     I guess the only thing I do find odd is - from what I've heard -
>     it's being classified as a feature request... I mean, it is a bug
>     isn't it, by any reasonable definition.
>

> The usual definition is that a bug is a piece of code that does not work
> as intended. This code does do what it was designed to do - the Live TV
> handling is something that wasn't implemented, not something that was
> implemented but doesn't work as intended. So (IMHO) it's a feature request.

Ok, I see what you're getting at. So for you bugs are the difference
between what you intended and what you have. Fair enough. Would be
nice to have a category of feature request that recognises fixing
flawed behaviour though.

Don't get me wrong, I would hate to have had to wait for multirec until
someone had figured out the complete integration.

I'll try to shut up and stop wasting your time now. :-)

Cheers,
	Paul.