[mythtv] Mythtv Bug 4989

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Feb 6 09:39:27 UTC 2009

Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Thursday 05 February 2009 12:56:35 Paul Gardiner wrote:
>>> But closing the bug is more like saying "your problem does not exist"
>> Yeah, I do sympathise with your view. I too can understand the bug never
>> getting fixed, but there seems to be a sort of strange pride in ignoring
>> it. :-)
>
> I don't know where you guys are getting this idea from. If it makes you any
> happier, we've heard you, now what does that change exactly? I locked the
> ticket because people were posting 'me-too' to a closed ticket and that is
> against the rules*.

Yeah, sorry, my comment was unfair. It was based on just a very few
posts I'd read, that may not even have been from devs, saying that
nobody should really use LiveTV and it there was no point getting it
to work correctly. I was unfair to generalise.

Also, although the bug affects me, it really doesn't bother me much.
The main thing with multirec is that scheduling works flawlessly. It's
really very impressive, and not something you can get from any
commercial machine.

I guess the only thing I do find odd is - from what I've heard -
it's being classified as a feature request... I mean, it is a bug
isn't it, by any reasonable definition.

Cheers,
	Paul.