[mythtv] Questions on #6138 (HDHomeRun multirec)

Joel Means means.joel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 05:26:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Bill Cizek <cizek at rcn.com> wrote:
>> Is there anything necessary to enable multirec for the HDHR besides
>> applying the patches and building? I did that and everything went smoothly,
>> but when I delete and re-add my tuners, it doesn't give me any options to
>> set the number of virtual tuners. I cannot record two shows from one
>> multiplex and one from another at the same time. Am I missing something
>> obvious here or did I not do it right? Any help is appreciated.
>
> In mythtv-setup, in the card setup screen there should be a big wide button
> labeled "Recording Options". Click it and you get the option to set the
> number of simultaneous recordings. Make sure it's > 1. (This is just like
> the DVB multirec setup)
>
> After this, the mythfrontend tuner status page (Information Center -> System
> Status -> Tuner Status) should show multiple Tuners for each physical "{hdhr
> id}-{tuner #}" tuner. In my case I have 1 HDHR with the above option set to
> 3, so I have 6 total HDHR virtual tuners.
>
> HTH,
> Bill

Thanks.  I thought that was what should happen.  I had built and
installed in /usr/local since I have my distro's packaged version
(Debian) in /usr.  I think there may have been some confusion going on
having both versions on the system, even though I was calling
/usr/local/bin/mythtv-setup directly.  Anyway, I rebuilt and installed
to /usr, overwriting my packaged version and now the virtual tuners
are setup fine.  I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something
else before I did that.  Maybe tomorrow I will get a chance to try it
out.
Thanks,
Joel