[mythtv] %DIR% variable does not expand properly in new EventCmdRecStarted

Bryan Mayland bmayland+mythtv at capnbry.net
Mon Dec 28 22:09:00 UTC 2009

I've tried setting a value for the excellent new EventCmdRecStarted
event, but the %DIR% variable does not expand properly.  It looks like
the file doesn't exist on the disk yet so it expands to:
/GetPlaybackURL/UNABLE/TO/FIND/LOCAL/FILE/ON/hostname

The file does exist when I check it manually or at the RecFinished
event, it is just a race between the recorder creating the file and the
recstarted event looking for it.

While I was looking at this with VB_FILE on, I've also noticed it checks
the paths for the "Default" storage group on every host for the file.
Shouldn't it only check the local storage group directories when looking
for a local file?
libs/libmyth/programinfo.cpp:1725
<  StorageGroup sgroup(storagegroup);