[mythtv] Streaming Audio In MythMusic

Micah F. Galizia micahgalizia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 18:50:50 UTC 2009

On 09-12-14 08:29 PM, Micah F. Galizia wrote:
> On 09-12-13 03:54 PM, Warpme wrote:
>> Micah,
>>
>> Indeed theme mod resolve issue with crash.
>> Now I'm able to play streams.
>> All this looks very promising.
>> According to Your dev plans - is it possible to add artist/song info
>> during play.
>> I frequently listen Chronix Metal radio (http://205.188.215.225:8010) in
>> MythStream.
>> Launching it in mythmusic gives:
>
> Greetings,
>
> This version plays streams that do not have a file extension. I had to
> update the avfdecoder so that it actually tries to initialize the stream
> instead of just checking the the file extension to determine if the
> stream is supported. This doesn't seem to affect playback performance on
> local files.
>
> Features still outstanding:
> - M3U/ASF playlist support
> - Getting metadata from the stream (where streams support it). The
> stream mentioned above played with mplayer has station and song
> information.

This version has very simple support for PLS, ASX and M3U playlists. I
still haven't been able to find any playlist style streams that start
with an advertisement, so to keep things simple, I have made the
assumption that the first stream we connect to in the playlist is going
to be the radio stream, and all of the other entries are no longer
needed. If anyone can produce a counter-example, I'd be glad to change
this assumption.

Here are some decent streams to test with:

- http://asx.abacast.com/cbc-r1toronto-96.pls
- http://radio3.cbc.ca/nmcradio/webradio.m3u
- http://top100station.de/switch/r3472.asx

Just a heads up that Chronix radio ASX files are not valid XML, so they
wont work.  I've already contacted them about it.

Support for stream metadata is my next objective!

Cheers, and TIA. As always, I'm looking for testing or general feedback!
--
Micah F. Galizia
micahgalizia at gmail.com

"The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for
one."   --W. Stekel