[mythtv] transcode hangs after finishing with 0.22

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Fri Dec 25 12:46:52 UTC 2009

On Thursday 24 December 2009 17:40:30 Sid Boyce wrote:
> On 24/12/09 14:52, Martin Koller wrote:
> > I'm running mythtv-0_22-common-0.22-0.pm.6.1 on openSuse 11.0 and since upgrading from 0.21
> > I've always a lot of transcode tasks hanging obviously after they finished their job.

<snip>

> The same problem under KDE4 only, but not under KDE3 or Gnome or as user
> under KDE4.
> Starting quite a few apps (e.g VirtualBox, qjackctl and others) as root
> caused this to happen. It was reckoned to be a KDE problem with dbus,
> fixed at 11.2.
> If you intend to launch the application as root from a terminal under
> openSUSE 11.0, using "su -" instead of just "su" to log in as root is
> the work around.

Hmm ... does mythbackend use dbus at all ? looking into /proc/<pid>/maps does not show any hint for it.
Also, it does not use anything from KDE.
And I start mythbackend during boot from an /etc/init.d script, so there is no KDE session involved at this
time....

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.bibibest.at