[mythtv] Any point in suggesting a switch to git...

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Dec 18 19:57:48 UTC 2009

On 14/12/2009 16:19, Janne Grunau wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 11:15:24PM +0000, Ed W wrote:
>
>> Expecting a negative reaction since it's a change to the status quo, but
>> if someone doesn't ask then no one knows we care...
>>
>> Is there any interest in migrating to git, or perhaps maintaining an
>> automatically synced git repo matching svn? (or some other distributed
>> vcs system, would be happy with mercurial/bazaar at a pinch?)
>>
> I have an automatically synced git svn mirror of the mythtv svn
> repository at http://git.jannau.net/git/mythtv.complete/

Sounded good, but:

mm src # git clone git://git.jannau.net/mythtv.complete
Initialized empty Git repository in /usr/src/mythtv.complete/.git/
git.jannau.net[0: 83.169.20.219]: errno=Connection refused
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)

So tried:

mm src # git clone http://git.jannau.net/git/mythtv.complete
Initialized empty Git repository in /usr/src/mythtv.complete/.git/

Any chance you could look into this?

Thanks for sharing!

Ed W