[mythtv] mythfrontend segfault

myShade myshade at bredband.net
Sat Dec 12 20:02:00 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 21:04 -0500, brad dreisbach wrote:
> i am running trunk r22973 on fedora 12 with kernel 2.6.31.6-162.fc12.x86_64 and getting a segfault when launching mythfrontend.
> I have followed the steps in http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html and have captured a gdb trace.  it is attached.
> this happens on multiple fedora 12 systems both i686 and x86_64.  my osx frontend is working fine however so this appears
> to be either linux specific or specific to my system(s)/configuration.  can anyone point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks,
> -b

I too had mythfrontend segfaults from a month back. Found this tread
when googling my BT outputs.
Diffrent scenario tho. mythfrontend launch fine, but when entering
mythvideo, gallery, news and perhaps other plugins (not music),
mythfrontend would segfault with similar gdb trace patterns.

Tried downgrade gcc, but all the same.

Then i did a rough delete of everything beside database, sources,
~/.mythtv, config_stuff.
Compiled and everything is fine again.. Makes me think there was some
old headers lying around not being updated...

I had this fe/be following trunk for about 3 years.
This was on uptodate gentoo amd64.

If you had previous installs on this, it does not hurt doing some
cleanups, if knowing what to delete.

/Fredrik