[mythtv] MythPhone - any ongoing activities on this?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 18:00:00 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Blazej Lewcio
<blazej.lewcio at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Ok, so my idea would be to implement this plugin from scratch.
>
> Why? To have advanced/independent VoIP framework and a plugin using the new
> libmythui (which is cool :) ).
>
> How? My idea would be to base the implementation on the www.pjsip.org
> library (GPL). (Currently audio only)
>
> Who? a) I have experience in VVoIP, C,C++, the use and extensive modifying
> above library. Therefore, I could take care about the VoIP engine.
>          b) Help would be good for making the mythtv things (OSD, DB, etc).
>
> When? Project start about Christmas.
>
> My question if it is worth to initiate this and if other people want to get
> involved?
>
> Blazej

<Please bottom post on this list, thanks>

The issue with MythPhone was lack of core developer support, time, and
desire to work on it.  I definitely encourage you to work on your
plugin, and think that there are at least some number of people who
would be very interested in a modern VOIP plugin.  It's hard to make
any sort of commitment to including it in Myth's source because it's
just not in the core area of interest of any of the devs (that I know
of).  So, I think you should work on it for you, make it as great as
you can, make it available to the public, and then see what happens.

Robert