[mythtv] Compiling trunk under OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Aug 30 00:25:53 UTC 2009

On 2009-08-29, at 1:35 AM, Stephen Hocking wrote:

> Had to manually fetch the
> mysql code, and then found that the Qt libraries don't support this
> version of OS/X when compiling.

The earliest Qt that tries to support snow leopard seems to be 4.5.1.
I patched osx-packager to pull down 4.5.2 (copy the 4.4 stuff & add an
-opensource option to the configure) which works OK until it gets to
libQtSql where it dies on unresolved symbols. It looks like the mysql
client library is targeting x86_64 but the Qt only supports i386.
Passing i386 to mysql's configure doesn't help. Or, I'm doing it wrong.

I'll poke around until I lose interest which will probably happen
soon. Also, I'm not sure how well myth gets along with Qt 4.5.

- George