[mythtv] Feature Freeze

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Aug 21 15:01:59 UTC 2009

Hey everyone, we're doing two feature freezes this time around:
  August 24th, most things will be frozen for bug fixes only.
    With these exceptions: channel scanner, windows porting,
                           schedule editor ui, db upgrade prompting,
                           existing mythweb patches. *
  September 7th, bug fixes only.

Isaac can of course override these dates if necessary. If you have
any ready to go feature tickets in trac, now is a good time to make
sure the patches are up to date and ready to test & apply.

I'm hoping we can do the final release before October, but of
course that depends on how quickly we can fix the remaining bugs.

* Many of us have been holding back on major changes already to
stabilize things after the MythUI and Qt4 ports. But these dates
will freeze out the small improvements too.

-- Daniel