[mythtv] MythVideo oddness with r21297

BP lists at qucae.com
Sun Aug 16 05:26:02 UTC 2009

Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 10:10 PM, Robert
> McNamara<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 10:08 PM, BP<lists at qucae.com> wrote:
>>> I checked out 21297 earlier and am seeing strangeness with MythVideo.  I did
>>> not configure any of the new storage groups.  In browse mode, each of my
>>> cover files is shown as a folder with a title from the  video cast table.
>>>  Each  entry from the  videocast table is listed in alphabetical order and
>>> has no relation to the actual cover shown.  Clicking through the"folder"
>>> takes me to  the movie for the cover shown and has all the proper info.  I'm
>>> not browsing in folder view and all my videos are in two folders total
>>>
>> You have the new Metadata Cast browse mode on.  To restore "Classic" behavior...
>>
>> Press I->Browse By..->Folder
>>
>> This was covered in the commit message...
>>
>> Robert
>>

> Oh, and one more thing...
>
> There most certainly is a relation of the folder cover images... it's
> the cover for the first valid item in the folder.  Also covered when
> that particular feature was committed....
>
> Robert

Thanks, that got me out of the new mode.  Would not have expected that
to be on by default.  I'll admit not having read all the details for the
commit message.  I was aware of the changes and just figured I would
play with them after updating.  I still do not see the relation to the
cover vs the folder.  I have  two flat folders and there  was a folder
for each cover file (about 300).  Due to the number, it might have been
hard to see the relation.  I do know that the cast member listed was not
in the movie in question.