[mythtv] Mythvideo and updating metadata

BP lists at qucae.com
Mon Aug 10 02:33:50 UTC 2009

With the additional artwork displayed in MythVideo I have been updating
my metadata.  This has lead me to one very big annoyance:  MythVideo
deletes metadata even when the tmdb query returns no data.  This has
been for various reasons such as network errors, backend errors at tmdb
(rails errors), not very robust searching of tmdb (there are several
movies the tmdb script returns nothing for which I can find searching
directly at the site and which imdb.pl previously found) and movies not
having any data on tmdb.

Considering there is an option to "reset metadata", should the "download
metadata" and "download images only" features reset fields when no data
is found?  My preference is to only update fields that data was found
for.  I definitely don't think that data should be reset to defaults
when an error searching was encountered.

If others agree with my perspective and if someone wants to point me to
the code involved, I'm willing to work on a patch.