[mythtv] problem with eit-cache

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Tue Apr 28 20:32:11 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 08:57:42PM +0200, Markus Schulz wrote:

> I'm searching for a potential bug inside the eit-parser for the program
> guide.

> These two shows are running consecutively but the first has the _wrong_
> title but correct description.

I'm seeing this error too.

> The eit_cache entries for these two are the following:
> from_unixtime(endtime); eventid; tableid; version; status
> 2009-04-28 00:06:48:000;  22370;      78;      29;      0
> 2009-04-28 01:16:14:000;  22371;      78;      31;      0
>
> version = 31 is the maximum possible version and if i understand the
> eit-system right it was used to override previously broad casted eit-
> informations with lower versions.

correct, version should be incremented if the data changes. Then the
maximum version is reached the table_id can be decremented. The version
starts from 0 again.

> Can this be a bug from the eit-provider, cause he broad casts different
> data with the same version-id (and myth ignores them cause they are in
> the eit_cache) or looks this like a bug in mythtv eit-cache?

I'm not sure what causes this. It started in the last months. I'm not
aware of change which could have caused it. So it's maybe a change at
the EIT provider.

> Can you help me to further investigate this problem?

I suspect a bug in the DB update routine and was planning to add the
eventid to the program table to make DB updates easier or at least to
make debugging easier.

Janne