[mythtv] AV-Sync problem

David Wong david.wong at marvel.com.hk
Mon Apr 27 02:41:05 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jean-Yves Avenard" <jyavenard at gmail.com>
To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 10:35:35 PM (GMT+0800) Asia/Hong_Kong
Subject: Re: [mythtv] AV-Sync problem

Hi

2009/4/14 David Wong <david.wong at marvel.com.hk>:
> Hi all,
>
> I am running 0.21 branch with VDPAU patch #r20300, on NVidia 9400 IGP with Intel Q2D E7400 2.8GHz.
>
> When I play some of DTV channel in my living place, I got lots of following warnings:
>
> "Audio 686 ms behind video but already 75 video frames queued. AV-Sync might be broken. "

Try the vdpau patches 20405-2, it should fix this issue.
It will now retry to buffer for longer ; and the length of the videau
frames buffer has been increased as in trunk (100 v 75).

This particular clip now plays fine on my machine (though it still get
the same warnings).

> It looks like that audio packet, in form of libavformat packet?, is very lag behind video.

Yes, there's an enormous delay between the audio and video stream...

Jean-Yves

Hi

Thank you Jean-Yves. I tried the latest patch #20405-5.
The problem is fixed for recorded video.

However, it has same behaviour as svn trunk for Live TV.
Some frames seems display at wrong time/order.
There are some messages in the log telling that some frames
are locked by avlib for later discard.
The problem will gone if I rewind a bit in timeshift.
Anyone have idea?

Thanks again Jean-Yves.

David