[mythtv] No Start with Pulse Audio (Changeset 20310)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Apr 24 14:33:47 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 00:42 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Daniel Kristjansson at 23/04/09 21:00 did gyre and
> gimble:
> > But obviously we can't require that end users compile their own
> > pulse audio server from svn.
>
> Have you any idea what commits from git head may be helping here? The
> released version of pulseaudio (0.9.15) is pretty recent (a few weeks),
> and I can't think of any major changes in git head (tho there are a few
> fixes here and there.

Heh, 4/13, my information is probably old then. D.T. Chen told me to try
upstream about a week before that release...

> PS, pulse switched to git a good while back now, so I presume your "svn
> version" is a generic term :)
Yes :)

PS Found this looking back at D.T. Chen's e-mails:

<< Kernels that don't contain Takashi's pcm core (pcm_lib) rework are
   particularly prone to this symptom. At least Fedora and Ubuntu have
   merged  the necessary bits, and I suspect Mandriva and OpenSUSE
   have as well. >>

I guess you can answer as to Mandrake? Do you know if this rework has
been backported to any previous releases that included pulse audio?

But then I was using an Ubuntu kernel, and others have reported this
with both recent Fedora and Ubuntu kernels, so it's probably another
Red Herring.

-- Daniel