[mythtv] Paid for Plugin dev?

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Apr 23 13:43:42 UTC 2009

[replying off-list...]

Stuart Morgan wrote:
> Lets leave the multi-user ideas out of it for now, support for that can be
> added in retrospectively. Trying to piggyback that feature on top of the
> recommendations system will just sink both, I'll guarantee it.

Agreed.

> More generally, unless you are willing to write the code then entering this
> discussion isn't going to achieve anything. Most likely the weight of
> conflicting ideas, opinions and feature requests will derail things and you'll
> never see it completed. The same thing happens time after time.

Yes, I see your point.  I've wanted to work on this feature for years, but
every time I try, the learning curve, the likely size of the changes, and my
limited free time, kill the project.

--
Peter Schachte              Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions for a 16 bit
University of Melbourne     patch to an 8 bit operating system originally