[mythtv] missing entries in the freesat huffman tables

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Wed Apr 22 10:30:51 UTC 2009

Simon Kenyon wrote:
> i have been fiddling around with a standalone freesat xmltv grabber
> i used the tables from myth
>
> i note that there are quite a few missing entries
> does anybody have an update?
>
> or alternatively, if an explanation of how to add new ones (methodology
> for taking the missing entry and adding it to the table) then i would
> (over the next while)
> add them and feed back into myth
this is probably bad form - replying to myself

in my travels around the interweb i have found a slightly different
implementation of the huffman decoding (http://www.rst38.org.uk/vdr/)
it has some important characteristics:

- it claims to be faster
- it claims to be complete and from my running of it is
- it uses two external files which contain the tables

i can create a patch which adds the new implementation; that is not very
difficult at all
in doing so, should i try to remove the requirement for the separate
files or is that acceptable?

regards
--
simon