[mythtv] Paid for Plugin dev?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 02:12:24 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 7:00 PM,  <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> wrote:
>  SD knows
> how many users we have, but has been reluctant (by contract?) to
> publicly disclose this value, which is unfortunate here.]

SD knows how many American and Canadian users there are who don't get
their listings through some other source (EIT, scraper, etc.), by that
excludes the many thousands of users outside of those markets.  As I
understand it, it is indeed a contractual obligation that prevents SD
from divulging customer numbers.

On an unrelated note, and this is *not* directed at the previous post,
but just at the list in general, I think this discussion (like many
discussing large new propositions) has the potential to very quickly
become derailed in off topic and tangential discussion-- It has
already happened to a certain extent.  We all have a lot of ideas
about this topic, but I personally am going to stay out of it (yes,
yes, after this :) ) since public comment hasn't been requested.  It
seems everyone involved wants to see this happen, maybe it would be
best to watch it unfold if you're not one of the devs or the OP.  It's
okay to be mad at me about this opinion, but be mad at me in another
thread, let's leave this one to the nitty gritty.  :)

Robert