[mythtv] RFC: Program table change timestamp

Chase Douglas chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 00:22:52 UTC 2009

On Apr 18, 2009, at 8:13 PM, George Nassas wrote:
> On 18-Apr-09, at 7:59 PM, Chase Douglas wrote:
>
>> If I get positive feedback
>

> Besides the technical part there's also the legality of copying the
> listings.
>
> Section 2 of the schedules direct agreement says:
>
> "You shall not ... redistribute or republish Licensed Data in any
> media now known or hereafter developed, in original or in modified
> form"
>
> and section 3 continues:
>
> "Any attempt to access Licensed Data via software not included on
> the Approved Software List will constitute a breach of this Agreement"
>
> Sounds like you'd have to be on the approved list before
> transferring anything to an iPhone.

I may be completely wrong here, but I don't believe "distribution"
means distribution of data I download to my own mythtv backend that is
then transferred to my own iPhone. It's a distribution of data from
one device to another device, but the user is the same, and even more
to the point, the use is for the same purpose. I'm not taking the data
and using it for anything outside of the MythTV system of software.
The only difference is that MyMote isn't a MythTV.org official
application.

If I am wrong, what do I need to do to get on the list of approved
software? I already transfer data to the device for MyMote, so I
should probably get this straightened up sooner than later.

Thanks