[mythtv] 3 Minor Problems: #2 Intermittent Playback Freezes

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Apr 15 15:25:24 UTC 2009

SVN trunk 20070, fedora 10, w Nvidia 180.44

HD and SD playback are fine, but intermittently, and without apparent
pattern, the playack freezes for an almost repeatable 30 seconds, and
then continues. Sometimes, it happens multiple times in the same
program, and some programs play through without error. It appears to be
less frequent on SD (analog) content.

Most intriguing, there are absolutely NO messages in the frontend log
(using -v playback,extra) which give any hint as to the source or form
of the error. The log appears normal, except for a time gap in the output.

This is a slightly-above-minor WAF irritant.

I tried SVN 20298 but got a couple of freezes within a minute, so I
reverted to 20070.

Has anyone else seen this, or do I have 2 sets of gremlins?

Geoff