[mythtv] No Start with Pulse Audio (Changeset 20310)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Apr 11 03:29:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 16:43 -0700, Kevin Fox wrote:
> https://tango.0pointer.de/pipermail/pulseaudio-discuss/2009-February/003150.html

Where he basically says that you should allow unsafe preemption,
set the HZ to 1000, and remove drivers like xfs, ext3, usb*, and
LIRC from your kernel. Other than setting HZ to 1000 or better,
those are not something I would recommend on a MythTV system.

Alternatively, you should disable "glitch-free" mode, which he
believes is the cause of all the glitching because it ignores
audio hardware interrupts to increase latency and decrease power
usage.

BTW Even if you do have the perfect PulseAudio setup with the latest
ALSA and PulseAudio from their respective upstream repos, MythTV will
still have problems with PulseAudio because we do not solely use
Lennart's "safe subset" of the ALSA API.

-- Daniel