[mythtv] No Start with Pulse Audio (Changeset 20310)

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 13:34:34 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 8:21 AM, John Werner <flybrick at frontiernet.net>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just updated myth installs (6 machines) to the latest trunk variant.
> The SVN pull included the changeset 20310 which disables starting if
> pulse audio is found.  While I fully understand the reasons for not
> wanting pulse audio running, completely failing to start mythfrontend
> seems like a fairly harsh way to handle it.  I would much rather see a
> warning printed then actually making what was a running system suddenly
> not run.

Welcome to life on the bleeding edge.  If the developers believed it a
strong enough issue to be a full stop error, then your options really are to
remove pulse audio or stay with a revision prior to that changeset until a
pulse audio fix is committed or it is clear that it will never be included,
in which case, you're back to option #1.

Kevin