[mythtv] Error While Cross Compiling SVN Version

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Wed Apr 8 03:01:03 UTC 2009

Luciano Greiner wrote:
> Hello.
>
>  I am trying to make a Buildroot script to work with mythtv svn
> version. I am configuring by this way:
>
> ./configure \
> --prefix=/usr \
> --disable-ccache \
> --disable-distcc \
> --enable-cross-compile \
> --arch=i686 \
> --cpu=i686 \
> --tune=i686 \
> --disable-ipv6 \
> --enable-directfb \
> --disable-x11 \
> --disable-xv

I have been cross compiling MythTV (including the current trunk) for
years in MiniMyth. I notice a few things that are different in your
configuration arguments.

First, there are --runprefix and --prefix. Based on the use for /usr for
--prefix, I suspect that that should be --runprefix. --prefix should be
your staging directory.

Second, there is no --enable-cross-compile option that I am aware of.
However, there are --cc for specifying your build environment compiler
and --cross-compiler for specifying your cross environment tools prefix.