[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r18454 by stuartm

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat Sep 27 22:46:56 UTC 2008

On Saturday 27 September 2008 21:09:48 Paul Harrison wrote:
> Stuart Morgan wrote:
> >>
> >> Just being a little picky, feel free to ignore me :-) but does your
> >> editor not have an option to *not* remove extra white space?
> >
> > Yup, it just got reset to the defaults after I was forced to reinstall
> > recently.  I've no problem disabling it again if it's that annoying.
>
> It's no big deal really. Whatever you're happy with.

I find random whitespace at the ends of lines to be a minor annoyance. e.g
when I hit 'End' and I'm not at the end of a line but three spaces beyond, or
when I start typing on an empty line only to find that I have to go back and
delete unwanted spaces which weren't obvious before. I can go either way,
given a completely free hand I'd leave that setting enabled.

I'd very much like as Erik suggests, to keep whitespace and coding standards
related changes to seperate commits. However most of the time these things
are noticed after you start work and you can either make the changes as you
go along or likely, due to time constraints, not at all.
--
Stuart Morgan