[mythtv] MythTV & R5000-HD

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 19:28:07 UTC 2008

Info at quantum-sci.com wrote:
> On Sunday 21 September 2008 22:13:59 Michael Norton wrote:
>
>> I have made contact with the author of the R5000 code; my
>> understanding is that it will be a while before he's able to devote
>> any time to the R5000 stuff, which is understandable.
>>

> He hasn't responded to my emails, and has discouraged others, so I suspect that he's done with development on this.

Yes, I've been letting my e-mail pile up, but I'm not done with
development, just been on hiatus for the summer (which is nearly over).
I expect to start working on R5000 (and coreavc) stuff again in a few weeks.

> I -will- be using the R5000, and if I can not get Myth working I must resort to Sage on Winduhs in VirtualBox.  I have spent every spare moment for days on this patch so far though, trying to avoid that.
>
> Heard a rumor that the patch is not stable recording HD, so I may just be wasting my time.  But I have waited over a year to afford Myth on R5000, and will try till I fail, even though I have had -No- TV for months.  I can't activate Dish until I get some kind of recording going.

Well, the R5000, specifically for HD on Dish, is not working
particularly well in Linux at the moment.  The issues are all fixable,
but you'll just need to be patient if you want me to fix them.