[mythtv] qmake weirdness on Leopard (OSX 10.5)

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Mon Sep 15 15:18:50 UTC 2008

George Nassas wrote:
> Hi David, MythVideo gallery view isn't affected. Libtiff is mainly for
> reading .tiff images and I thought mythgallery was the only plugin
> that used it but a quick grep through the code didn't turn up any
> references to the library or any tiff calls. I guess it's an obsolete
> dependancy?

Thanks George, I thought that the MythVideo gallery view used code from
gallery, and therefore, if I excluded gallery, that view would be messed
up.  Thanks for the clarification.
>> any other consequences of excluding libtiff and gallery?   Do you
>> use a
>> specific set of options for osx-packager.pl?
>>

> Nothing special. The -plugins option wasn't working last time I tried
> so I manually edit the packager script to take out gallery. Probably
> that's not necessary and it's enough to remove libtiff from the deps.

I'm going to remove libtiff from osx-packager.pl and re-run the entire
build from scratch, see what happens...
>> Lastly, I commented out
>> the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH section of the osx-packager.pl script and it
>> flew
>> right past configure and started compiling..  Maybe I'll just get
>> lucky
>> and it will complete??  maybe not.  We'll see.
>>

> I guess if the build tools don't need anything they create then it's
> OK. I'm wary of building with one library setup and running with
> another but if it runs who can argue?

Well, it did compile just fine, the problem now is I don't have an SVN
build to test against.  If your concerns are accurate, then it's
probably not a good idea anyway as these builds get downloaded by many
people, I'd want them as stable as possible.

Thanks for the help.