[mythtv] Mythfrontend Telnet X Events

Yolan yolanother at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 23:13:51 UTC 2008

I've created this patch based on fixes 18207 that adds support for sending
keyboard commands to a focused X window. I've been writing a MythRemote for
my n800 internet tablet and I'm using the Mythfrontend telnet control for
sending commands to my frontend. I noticed that when mplayer was focused
commands were still sent to the frontend. I created this patch to provide a
means to send x commands to the focused window. It adds the xkey command
(behaves just like key). I also added a sub command "focused" to retrieve
the name of the x window that currently has the focus. Its pretty rough, but
I thought I'd send it out to get some discussion started.

I did have a couple questions for the list:
1. Is there a reason that we don't already provide a x key send?
2. Is there a reason that when we launch something from mythvideo it blocks
the mythfrontend process? I fixed this by forcing my video player script to
launch a backgrounded mplayer.

Yolan

--
Yolan <yolanother at gmail.com>