[mythtv] Trying to get DirectFB to work

Frank Muenchow beebof at gmx.de
Wed Sep 3 22:00:02 UTC 2008

Frank Muenchow schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use DirectFB for my myth-setup. MPlayer is working fine
> with -vo directfb.
>
> At first, I installed qt-embedded-4.4.1 and DirectFB-1.2.3.

> After that, myth compiled fine and started without any problems (with
> option -qws). I saw the main menu as usual. But there are three problems
> at the moment:
> 3. Playback of Recordings (and LiveTV) does not work. It seems that NVP
> is not starting - but I don't know why. You find a (shortened) log in
> the attachments.

Now I know wha it didn't start - one needs to build DirectFB as
multi-core-app. Now, when mythfrontend is running, any other DirectFB
app (and Watching TV or a recording) gets stuck at

(*) DirectFB/Core: Multi Application Core. (2008-09-02 19:20)
(*) Fusion/Init: Builtin Implementation is still experimental!
Crash/Deadlocks might occur!
(*) Fusion/SHM: Using MADV_REMOVE (2.6.24.7 >= 2.6.19.2)
(*) Direct/Thread: Started 'Fusion Dispatch' (5085) [MESSAGING
OTHER/OTHER 0/0]
<8388608>...

So, it seems that QTe isn't using that fusion thing. Maybe this is a
configuration error of QTe - maybe somebody of you know more about that.
my config switch looks like:
./configure -qt-sql-mysql -qt3support -webkit -assistant-webkit

Any ideas?
-- Frank