[mythtv] DVB-S2 with s2api

Joachim Langenbach joachim at falaba.de
Mon Oct 27 13:03:06 UTC 2008

Hello!

I'am using the WinTV Nova HD S2 (this is the DVB-S/S2 only version of the
WinTV-HVR4000, see below "tunercard") with mythtv-18314 (see below).
My os is gentoo with vanilla-sources 2.6.27-rc7 and as the driver for the
dvb-s card I use the driver from this site http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb.

The card works with DVB-S, but I cannot tune the dvb-s2 channels like Arte HD
on Astra 19,2° east. But the used driver should be able to tune dvb-s and
dvb-s2, because I think its the s2api which is used.

So my question is, is the driver able to tune DVB-S2 and is mythtv able to
tune DVB-S2 with that driver?

So I would be glad if someone knows anything about this topic!

Joachim Langenbach

This are my sources:

  	S2API and v4l-dvb
		http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/S2API
  	tunercard
		http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2

Output of mythfrontend --version:
	MythTV Version   : 18314
	MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
	Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
	Network Protocol : 40
	Options compiled in:
	   linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dbox2 using_dvb
	   using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
	   using_lirc using_opengl_vsync using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
	   using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_bindings_perl
	   using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live