[mythtv] What other people tell me about CC...

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 10:28:42 UTC 2008

Here is a sample of the emails I receive on channel changing.

For what it's worth, you will find MANY users that want faster live
tv. I think that the majority of the developers are just bitching
because they don't care about it and don't want to read about it.
That's their problem. Stupid if you ask me. The kneejerk response
becomes "myth wasn't designed for live tv. That's not what it's for"
which is complete bullshit, because that is what a DVR does. Then they
go into debates about channel flipping and how much time it wastes,
and on and on. It is like they are trying to dictate how myth users
watch their tv. I agree, myth does a very good job of scheduling and
the devs have put a TON of work into making a stable system, but I
don't think it's perfect in the least. I think there is likely room
for tons of code optimization. I strongly encourage you to keep up the
good fight, even if the devs are reluctant to help.

Good job on not taking the stock original "this is as good as it gets"
answer on this problem.  As you said, many people have asked about
this - so if you can come up with a way to improve it, it would have a
pretty big impact - and may greatly improve the MythWAF (wife approval
factor) in a number of households.