[mythtv] MythTV and Twitter

Charles Iliya Krempeaux charles at reptile.ca
Thu Nov 27 21:20:02 UTC 2008

Hello,

The MythTV wiki says you should "ask" on this mailing list to see if your
MythTV plugin idea has already been done or not.  So I'm asking....

So as a project that I can use to learn how to write a MythTV plugin, and at
the same time, do something that seems would be useful for some people, I
thought I'd write a MythTV plugin that lets you see Twitter updates on your
TV.  (Kind of like how some Set Top Boxes will show the phone number and
name of the person calling your phone, on the TV.)

Has anyone else done this already?

Note... I'm already aware of this:
http://www.nugatory.co.uk/~mark/2007/08/29/twitter-your-mythtv-recordings-with-a-perl-userjob/
And what's I'm proposing is different than it.

--
Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.
http://changelog.ca/