[mythtv] Get sourceinput's tuned channel?

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Sun Nov 23 21:45:58 UTC 2008

Op donderdag 20-11-2008 om 18:26 uur [tijdzone +1100], schreef Nigel
Pearson:
> > Is there a function in MythTV which can retrieve the current chanid a
> > sourceinput is tuned on?
>
> Not that I know of
> ('though I'm not an expert on the TV stuff).

> but if you need to know the channel at the time,
> have a look at the 'tvchain' table in the database

Ah, I'll take a look at that tvchain table, then!

Although I don't think it contains any information about on what card
it's tuned. Sure, it has an "input" field, but that's not really telling
much.

I'm looking for a better way for MythTV to detect in-use cards (as it's
currently ignoring multirec, I believe it just detects them as fully
free cards)

Greetings,
Jelle De Loecker