[mythtv] Latest svn BBC HD playback/recording failing

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Fri Nov 14 12:49:06 UTC 2008

On Friday 14 November 2008 09:23:27 Rafael Moslin wrote:
> Before I steam ahead and raise a ticket I thought I would just check
> that it's not just me as after an update to svn 19092 BBC HD
> recording is failing.

From which revision were you updating? If it was before 18991 please try
if change in 18991 breaks it.

> More than likely unrelated but I did notice that there was a lot more
> compilation warnings than usual but no errors. I'm a total novice on
> this side of things (I can write Z80/6502 assembler code, useful?
> No!) but am I trying to build i386 code on an Athlon 64?

This shouldn't be an issue. Video decoding is in 64bit mode
approximately 10-15% faster if there is no strong reason to use a 32 bit
system I would always use a 64 bit system on a X86_64 capable system.
OTOH no need to change your (almost) running system though.

> In file included from RTjpegN.h:53,
>                  from RTjpegN.cpp:28:
> ../libavcodec/i386/mmx.h:24:2: warning: #warning Everything in this
> header is deprecated, use plain asm()! New code using this header
> will be rejected. RTjpegN.cpp: In member function 'void

these warnings are unrelated.

Janne