[mythtv] How to expire recordings

Soren Holstebroe holstebroe+mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 19:15:51 UTC 2008

> You could put it into whatever class LiveTV is in (either by recording
> group or autoexpire priority, not sure which is used) so that the expirer
> treats it like that (removes within 1 day).  But honestly, if you want it
> expired immediately, why don't you just delete it?

I appreciate your quick replies.

Marking the recording as LiveTV would make the recordings show up in the
LiveTV list, which would be a bit of a mess in my opinion. Also, I don't
want to delete the recordings, I want to make them first in line for
deletion when low on disk space. My script uses automatic commercial
flagging and cutlist generation. The commercial flagging is not perfect, so
I think it would be nice to have the option to go back to the original movie
(or whatever recording) and make a better cutlist. Perhaps the compression
was chosen a bit to high or low and I want to go back and retranscode it at
a better bitrate.

BTW does any documentation exists? Truly I can read through the source code
and even learn something about how the code works, but that would also by
far be the most time consuming way of solving simple development problems
like getting and understanding a specific setting. The database table
descriptions on the mythtv wiki is of little use.

Søren