[mythtv] How to expire recordings

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 18:53:31 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Soren Holstebroe <
holstebroe+mythtv at gmail.com <holstebroe%2Bmythtv at gmail.com>> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have written an export script for transcoding shows (with possibility for
> automatic commercial removing) from the recording folder into the video
> folder.
> The idea is to be able to move movies or favorite shows away from the
> recordings folder and into the video-folder. I prefer the video gallery and
> human readable filenames for my movies.
> After a successful transcoding I would like to put the original recordings
> first in line for autoexpiration. However, I can't find suitable
> documentation for the recorded* tables. I tried to set the "deletepending"
> flag to 1, but it didn't seem to have the desired effect. What I will do now
> is to set "recorded.recpriority" very low (like -50 or maybe a more dynamic
> "SELECT MIN(recpriority) FROM recorded"), but isn't there a better practice
> of marking recordings for expiration?

There is, using the frontend or Mythweb.  You really should look at the code
of either of those two applications to determine the "proper" method for
marking a recording.

> Some other questions:
> Where can I get the folder name of recordings? I can only find it in
> settings under RecordFilePrefix for hostname "OLDHOSTNAME". Is this really
> the setting used for the recording folder?

Recordings are in storage groups and IIRC, the folder isn't stored
anywhere.  Myth will search each storage group for the file when attempting
playback which is why you can move it between storage groups without issue.

> And where can I found the folder name for video covers?

In the mythvideo settings table I imagine.  Check the code for the plugin to
see which setting it pulls.

Kevin