[mythtv] "ClassicComm" detector vs "Comm2" detector

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Tue Nov 4 20:20:12 UTC 2008

Peter Martens wrote:
> I expect you are lining in the Netherlands?
> How is commflagging working for you? I suppose commercial breaks are
> too long over here (NL) to get detected well. Most of th time there is
> 1,5 min. commercial at the end that doesn't get detected. Many years
> ago I worked much better. What about you?

I'm in the Netherlands, and found that the Classic detector didn't
detect many of the commercials in my recordings. Switched to Comm2, and
have the *idea* (only checked using two sample recording which did not
get commercials tagged), that it performs better. It might be a bit too
agressive, but haven't had a lot of time recently to watch anything ;-)

	Herman