[mythtv] Touchscreen / Mouse support

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Thu May 29 02:13:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 05:41:40PM -0700, Erik Hovland wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 08:08:18PM -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:

> > > I assume you are aware that MythUI already has touchscreen /
> > > mouse support?
> >
> > Yes, I'm aware of that. I've been looking at mouse support in Myth for some
> > time but then I realized it is not exactly what I need. The thing is I don't
> > need Myth running on a touchscreen device, but rather a separate "remote"
> > interface, controlling existing Myth frontends (and maybe backends) around the
> > house.
> >
> > To better understand what I want, I'd recommend looking at MCEGuru:
> >
> > http://www.mceguru.com/
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CII2crrTEe0
>
> I forget if in the original start of this thread whether you are using
> or have seen mythremote:
> http://grizzly.thewaffleiron.net/mythremote/

I've seen several such apps - all they do is send key presses to the frontend.
It is useful to some extend, but I'm thinking further - to be able to get a
list of Recordings/Videos on a touchscreen and start playback. It would be
even more useful when applied to music - you can select/queue tracks w/o
turning your big screen TV on...

And controlling the playback (Pause, Rewind, Fast Forward etc.) would be done
exactly the same - by sending key presses.

--
Denys