[mythtv] Reset display when changing channels?

Mike Patton mike at nine-hells.net
Fri May 23 06:23:33 UTC 2008

Hi all,

   Apologies if this is a stupid question.  I have MythTV running with
an onboard ATI x1250 graphics chip.  I get video distortion when a
channel change results in a change in source resolution. Eg: Changing
from SD to HD live TV.  Or changing from HD (1440x1080) to HD
(1920x1080).

   This distortion or corruption continues until I exit live TV and
then go back in (so the starting channel has changed to the channel I
wish to view) or from live TV I go into the guide and back out again.

   I can only assume that when exiting the guide, some function is
called to re-initialise the playback rendering?  I would like to
tinker with the source to try to eradicate the issue (for me at
least), by doing a similar re-initialisation when changing channels
results in a source resolution change.

   Can anyone on the list give me a helping hand on exactly where to
start and what to look for?  I have perused the source but am feeling
a little overwhelmed. :)

Regards,

Mike