[mythtv] mythtv commit: r17355 by nigel

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue May 20 00:31:38 UTC 2008

> I see you have taken a different path with win32-packager.

Yes. I have tried it about 13 different ways over the last week.
Installing to an absolute path is the only one that works each
time for me
(i.e. the only one that builds mythtv, plugins and themes
       without extra copying of files afterwards in the script)

The run-time dependency still needs working around,
but I will commit something for that soon.

> However, settinging the prefix=/c/mythtv/build introduces a run-
> time dependency on that directory which I avoided.

You removed that dependency,
but replaced it with one to /usr/local.
When I copied the directories over to an empty machine,
it couldn't find the themes/plugins, because there was
no MinGW/MSYS, and thus no /usr.

I realise your setup.exe will probably create this,
but I am trying to make a fully relocatable package.

> Could you also apply 5331/2 and set the pro settings correctly for
> WIN32?

I think it is better to do some of these in Qt,
rather than in the MythTV source files.
I have submitted patches to TrollTech for some of these
(e.g. QMAKE_COPY_DIR, QMAKE_MKDIR, QMAKE_MOC/UIC/IDC).

I will do the TARGET ones soon if I can't work out a
better way (than adding the same line to each file).

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au| "Peacemaking is our profession"
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia |Motto of Burpelson Airforce Base