[mythtv] Seg Fault on HEAD build under win32

buzz davidbuzz at gmail.com
Thu May 15 12:15:47 UTC 2008

I've just had a quick glance through your patch, and it looks like you
have  a few really good things in there, and a couple of things I'm
uncertain about....

0) what are you patches against?    it seems like you have use an
older version of the script, and then diffed against HEAD?   these are
a lot of changes in the .diff file that I don't think are yours, are
they?

1) As you've started installing to /usr/local instead of /usr  ... it
appears to be so that you can just copy the entire contents of 'local'
into 'build' later and delete it! ?   That's far from perfect,
especially if  msys/ming users have other stuff that they have chosen
to install into /usr/local/
Perhaps checking if it already exists at the start, and failing would
be a reasonable compromise.... "build aborted /usr/local must be empty
initially" or some other BS.
A better solution (in my view anyway) is to pick-n-choose the precise
files needed in the 'build' folder, and copy them into the 'build'
folder on-demand.   that way, the files aren't re-installed to
/usr/local, relocated, and then deleted every time the script is run.
  the result being that repeat runs are quicker then?.

2) the patches to QT4 (qt4_install_helpers.patch) are definitely
something that we want (assuming no-one has any better ideas that
avoid patching QT) , so we should get these  checked-in to the build
script ASAP.

3)   ticket  5331/5332   should be reviewed by a dev with commit
access (Nigel, or anyone else feeling helpful!) .

4) these tweaks to settings.pro (and plugins settings.pro too) seem a
good idea to me too, so I think they should just get committed to  the
.pro files directly= !
win32:QMAKE_INSTALL_DIR = sh ./cpsvndir
win32:DEPENDS += ./
win32:QMAKE_MKDIR = mkdir -p

No further comments except to say good work!      It's nice to have
other people involved, now we just need more !    :-)

Buzz.